Nanny in Brooklyn, NY 11203. Looking for work as a nanny.
Why do you want to work as a nanny?
Child care provider looking for a nanny/baby-sitting job with an employer who would permit me to fully demonstrate my skills and experience.
• Three years of experience in child care.
• Nurturing, loving, patient, reliable and responsible.
• Extensive knowledge in providing care for children, including shopping, cooking, preparing bottles, changing diapers, supervising baths, educating and amusing the children by reading and taking them on outings.
• Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
• Goal-oriented person, good professional attitude and highly motivated individual.
• Fluent in English and basic knowledge of French.
Dawson College, Montreal, Quebec.
DEC, College Education Diploma (June 1998)
Nanny: September 2011 - Present, Brooklyn, New York.
• Duties include picking up children from school; take them to after school activities.
• Help and/or supervise homework. Prepare snacks and on occasions supper.
• Maintain a safe environment by allowing only authorized persons near children, record parent location, and remain vigilant of unusual.
• Create a positive child care climate by preparing various activities, playing games, avoiding conflict situations and nurturing self-esteem.
Nanny, March 2009 - March 2011, Manhattan, NY
• Completely responsible for two children: Girl age 8, Boy 2 and New-born boy.
• Prepared bottles and changed diapers.
• Performed various duties including: supervising the children, preparing and serving nutritious meals, maintaining a safe and healthy environment, reading to the children, preparing arts and crafts and assisting them, taking trips to the park and library and bringing the children to and from school.
• Other duties included light house cleaning (did the laundry and tidied the childrens' rooms).
References available upon request.
|Starting Date Available
Full and Part Time
Attitude and work ethic
Always give 100%. Follow the lead of the parents.
To: Whom It May Concern
From: Debra D.
Re: Reference for Ashaki Ollivierre
For the past 9 months, Ashaki Ollivierre has been part of my family and worked with us to care for our 3 children. Ashaki is warm, loving, gentle, and calm with our children. She is very flexible with our schedule, some days my husband who usually arrives home at 6pm may have to work late and it has never been a problem for her to stay late. Most importantly she's wonderful with my 5 years old son. She is a reliable and responsible person. There is not a moment that I have any reservations about the safety or care of my children for I know that they are in loving and capable hands. Although I did not do a background check on Ashaki, I did call both of her references and they spoke highly of her. Should you require a background check and additional references she will gladly provide the necessary information.
Unfortunately, the hours (9) that we are offering her are not enough to meet her living needs and so she must move on. Ashaki has over 3 years' experience as a nanny/baby-sitter working with children of all ages including new-born. She is looking for a full-time position, but is open to working part-time with the right amount of hours. She's excellent at what she does and any family would be lucky to have her. It is bittersweet for me, but with pleasure that I recommend Ashaki Ollivierre for a position as nanny/caretaker of any age child.