30 Blogs on Balancing Work and Family
You’ve just had a baby, how do you get everything done? When do you go back to work? These questions are hard and these 30 bloggers have some answers to these and other questions. Can your husband take maternity leave too? Once you decide to go back to work you will have to find someone to take care of your baby so there are tips for that as well. Don’t take your spouse for granted, create a date night.
Maternity Leave for Women
When the baby is born traditionally the mother stays home for a time to take care of herself and the baby. The trend seems to be changing though and some women aren’t taking a maternity leave. These five blog posts discuss this trend and more.
- Model Loses Job After Maternity Leave
- Google’s Formula to Retain Women: Longer Maternity Leave
- Fewer Women Taking Maternity Leave and the Risks Could be Higher for Black Women
- Agitating for Change—Maternity Leave is Important to Everyone
- Women’s Health: Pregnancy Leave: Study Suggests Flexible Schedules Could be Better for Bottom Line
Paternity Leave for Men
Some men are fighting to get equal time off when their children are born. Should men be able to get paid time off when their wives give birth? What if they are gay and they are going to be a new parent? These and other questions are answer in the following five blogs.
- Managing Men: Who Hate on Maternity Leave
- Maternity Leave for Men? MA Agency Explains
- Maternity Leave for Father: Brazil Government Grants Gay Man 4- Month Paid Parenting Leave
- Parental Leave: Men and Women at Work
- Men and Their Challenges of Parental Leave
Hiring a Nanny
When heading back to work after the birth of a child it is often hard to leave him. It might be easier to hire a nanny to care for your child because she will come to your house and your child does not have to be hurried around to get out the door on time. These benefits and others are discussed in the next five blogs posts.
- Some Helpful Information On Hiring a Nanny
- How to Hire the Right Nanny for Your Kids
- 5 Essential ‘Must Do’s’ Before Hiring a Nanny
- Tips to Consider While Hiring a Nanny
- 10 Fears Parents Have About Hiring a Nanny
If you decide to take your child to a daycare here are some tips from these five bloggers about how to find a good daycare. Many times parents will go with their gut on a decision like this or with location, but consider having a broader check list.
- Choosing the Best Childcare
- How to Pick the Right Daycare
- 7 Tips on How to Choose the Right Daycare or Preschool
- How to Choose the Right Daycare School For Your Child
- Choosing the Right Daycare
When trying to balance work and home life it’s important to be organized. You don’t want to spend unnecessary time trying to find things when you are in a hurry. This just takes time away from your family. See these tips for getting organized.
- 6 Tips for Balancing Work, Family and Further Study
- Fantastic Friday- Balancing Home and Work with the 5-Second Rule
- Balancing Work, Family, School and Holiday Stress
- Organization Key When it Comes to Working at Home
- Balancing Work and Home
Implement a Date Night
Balancing your home life includes your relationship with your spouse. When there is a newborn around it’s hard to leave him with a babysitter, but it’s necessary to have time alone with your spouse. Here are five blog posts that stress the importance of having a date night.
- 7 Tips for Balancing Work and Family Life
- 4 Ways to Balance Your Home and Home Office Life
- Love Weekly: Date Night
- Date Night
- The Art of Balance