30 Blogs for Toddler Activity Ideas
With their boundless energy and infinite curiosity, toddlers can be a challenge to keep entertained. The Internet and, more specifically, the blogosphere, however, has enabled parents and childcare providers to connect with one another on an unprecedented level, and hints, tips and ideas are easily passed between experienced caregivers. The following 30 blogs are chock full of valuable information and creative activity ideas for the toddler set, from indoor fun to keeping little ones safe while they play.
Scorching summer heat, the chill of deep winter, and the frequent rains of spring all tend to keep kids indoors, much to the chagrin of budding nature lovers. These five blogs are all centered on activities that are specifically intended to provide hours of indoor fun when it simply isn’t feasible to move the party outside.
- Rainy Day Activities
- 101 Fun, Easy, and Cheap Indoor Activities for Kids
- 30 Active Indoor Activities For Kids
- Indoor Activities for Young Toddlers
- 25 Fun and Frugal Indoor Activities for Toddlers
There’s something about the freedom of outdoor play that goes straight to a toddler’s head, sending most into paroxysms of joy. Toddlerhood is certainly not too early to instill a love of nature in kids; in fact, it may help them avoid the pitfalls of indoor-only, sedentary habits that are plaguing many of today’s young people. Slather on the sunscreen and head for the hills with the activities in these five blogs.
- Active Toddlers: Going Out With Little Ones
- Outdoor Toddler Child Craft Ideas
- Outdoor Toddler Activities: Adventures Away From Home
- Toddler Activities: Outdoor Color Hunt
- Toddler Playtime: Make a DIY Toy Carwash
Learning Through Play
Because toddlers learn so much about the world around them and how it operates through explorative play, it’s important for parents and childcare providers to help them boost their brainpower in exciting and entertaining ways that will keep little ones engaged.
- Learning Through Play – Indoor Toddler Activities
- Clean Up Baby!
- Learning Letters Through Lunch!
- Learning Activities for Toddlers
- Children’s Learning Activities
Play Date Activities
Keeping one active toddler entertained and occupied can be a challenge; introducing a friend or two can be downright arduous. Kids need to socialize just as much as their older counterparts, however, so parents and caregivers are forced to find new and interesting ways to keep a group of toddlers in line and having a great time.
- Planning a Fun & Successful Summer Toddler Play Date
- Toddler Playdate Tips!
- Playdate Tips to Keep Toddlers and Preschoolers Happy and Busy
- Pirate Play Date – Toddler-Friendly Pirate Details
- Fun Play Date Ideas For Your Kids
Safe Toys and Play
The most important task that a parent or childcare provider is tasked with is simply keeping children safe and avoiding dangerous risks. There are, however, more hidden dangers that many adults realize. The following five blogs cover specific risks and general toddler safety to make sure that every adventure you have with your little one is a safe one.
- The Dangers of Indoor Play Areas
- Little Magnets: Too Dangerous for Any Toy
- Safety Tips for a No-Bummer Summer
- Toddler Playground Safety
- Safe Toddler Play
General Play Ideas, Tips and Hints
Some ideas and lists are treasure troves of information, even if they don’t fit easily into one category or another. The five blogs on this list fit that description completely, offering scads of ideas and activities that parents or caregivers are sure to flip for.
- Mommy and Me Activities for Toddlers: 15 Fun-Filled Activities for Toddlers
- Toddler Taming Activities
- Great Ideas for Toddler Activities
- Toddler Activities by Age (Indoor and Outdoor)
- 365 Days of TV-Free Toddler Time
The sense of community and sharing that is fostered in the mommy-blog universe helps parents, grandparents, and childcare providers to form a strong network of shared ideas and new discoveries; the proverbial village that raising a child requires has gone digital and expanded, allowing caregivers from all walks of life to work together and exchange the fruits of their hard-earned knowledge.